For non-urgent police enquiries call 101 or in an emergency always call 999

Translate this website

Below you can find details to Burglary, Damage & Theft incidents that you can report to us online. Please click on the title of the incident to be taken to the reporting form.

Related forms


To report arson, which is the deliberate act of setting fire to property, causing damage or endangering life.

Bogus caller / official

To report a bogus caller/official, which usually involves someone posing as utility company staff, a police officer, social services or charity collectors etc.


To report burglary, which is the offence of entering a building or part of a building as a trespasser, either to commit, or with the intention of committing theft, grievous bodily harm or criminal damage.

Criminal Damage

To report criminal damage, which is the deliberate act of damaging or attempting to damage / destroy property, or causing damage as a result of a reckless act.

Drive Off

To report a drive off / making off without payment, which is a criminal offence where someone deliberately avoids paying for fuel.

Robbery (theft with violence)

To report robbery, which is when a person uses force, violence or fear of violence, immediately before or at the time of stealing from a victim.

Shoplifting (Theft From Shops)

To report shoplifting, which is when goods are taken without payment. If a person has entered an area that members of the public do not have access to, and items have been stolen, this would be a burglary.

Taxi Bilking

Taxi bilking, or making off without payment, is a criminal offence where someone deliberately avoids paying for a taxi.

Theft from vehicle

To report theft, or attempted theft, from inside or on (roof racks etc.) a vehicle.

Theft (Excluding Vehicles)

Theft is when property is taken or attempted to be taken without permission, and with no intention of returning the property to the owner.

Theft of motor vehicle

To report a vehicle that has been taken unlawfully.